Dragaera

High Tech vs. the Orb

Thu Jan 19 12:27:53 PST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

> We don't really know how much of Paarfi's account is accurate and how much
> is kethna offal. That is rather deliberate, I'm sure.

Note that under the assumption that the Paarfiad is vaguely credible,
proponents and opponents of Paarfian verity have to cope with the apparent
fact that his writings have been published (not censored) and have been
read by participants in the events in question without him being
dispatched.  (There's some wiggle room because a noble might feel above
retaliation or correction of the record, or might think that engaging
in the argument would be counterproductive.)

What this means about Morrolan's true character, or Khaavren's, or Pel's,
is quite interesting, I suspect.