Dragaera

High Tech vs. the Orb WAS Re: the honing of Vlad

Thu Jan 19 13:11:53 PST 2006

Philip Hart wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Ken Koester wrote:
>

>> No virus could work that fast. And sorcery could cure anything you came
>>
>>up with.  No one has managed to make a living at biowar yet
>>

>I take it you're talking present-day tech.

A century isn't likely to change this very much.  And the original posit
ws 21st century tech, IIRC.

>I don't know if sorcery would be trivially useful against a sufficiently
>cleverly designed virus - presumably the spell would have to inspect all
>the victim's DNA for a recognized sequence.

Maybe it just jacks up the body's natural immune system sky high.  We do
know that plagues were effective during the Interregnum, & by inference,
that they were not a problem when the Orb was active.

Snarkhunter