Dragaera

High Tech vs. the Orb WAS Re: the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Jan 20 10:19:19 PST 2006

Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/19/06 04:17 PM

SKZB List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: High Tech vs. the Orb WAS Re: the honing of Vlad

>On 1/19/06, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>> In this issue another question comes up - how difficult is it to
disrupt
>> sorcerous supply lines?  It appears that this gets done all the time -
>> to a degree that would be hard to match with mechanical supply lines.
>
>Bear in mind that Dragaeran armies as seen in the Khaavren Romances
>and in /Dragon/ are not sorcerous armies, but large conventional
>armies with sorcerous support. They have fewer supply needs (less
>"tail" and more "tooth" than a high-tech army), but also less ability
>to transport goods.

Just what makes a "Sorcerous Army"?

As we've seen in the books, most Dragaeran all armies are "convential"
with a Sorcerer's Corps to supplement the Teckla/Dragon/Dzur infantry
units.

Perhaps during an Athyra reign, the Sorcerer's Corps would be larger and
more sophisticated, but I doubt there is ever a time when conventional
forces disappear entirely.

Majikjon