Dragaera

High Tech vs. the Orb WAS Re: the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Jan 20 10:43:46 PST 2006

"Jeff G." <Log0n5150 at hotmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/20/06 10:30 AM

<Dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: High Tech vs. the Orb WAS Re: the honing of Vlad

>> Perhaps during an Athyra reign, the Sorcerer's Corps would be larger
and
>> more sophisticated, but I doubt there is ever a time when conventional
>> forces disappear entirely.
>>
>Heh. That is an argument that is as old as military technology. Change
>"Sorcerer" to "Stealth" (I hate that word) and the reference to aircraft,
>for example.

Military action, at some fundamental point, involves an infantry unit that
stands on a given spot and says "This is mine unless you can come take it
away from me."

Until this happens, the war isn't ever really won.

An interesting thing happened in 1998 in Kosovo, when the US airforce
forced a surrender without any ground troops being involved. This is, to
my knowledge, the first and to date *only* time this has ever happened,
but the surrender was still essentially meaningless until the ground
forces moved in to occupy the country. The logistics of this ground forces
takeover was basically an unprecedented situation.

Majikjon