Dragaera

Dragaera Digest, Vol 2, Issue 22

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Jan 23 11:08:53 PST 2006

Steve Rapaport <steve at romlin.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/23/06 11:01 AM

dragaera at dragaera.info
cc

Subject
Re: Dragaera Digest, Vol 2, Issue 22

>> In fact, the only Elder Sorcerers we see creating amorphia out of
>> nothingness are Aliera and Vlad. It is stated that Kieron had the
ability,
>> but never used it. This may be an extremely limited ability, that was
>> available only to a generation or two worth of e'Kierons right at the
>> beginning of the Empire.

>Now I'm confused --
>
>I only remember two times when Vlad unleashes amorphia, and both times he
>has a bit of it to start with, or am I remembering wrong?
>
>I thought Vlad's unusual (e'Kieron) ability was to cast spells using
>amorphia directly, not to create it from nothingness.  Does he ever do
>this?  Does anyone?
>
>I just checked the wiki to see if there are textrefs for times when
someone
>actually CREATES amorphia but couldn't find any.
>
>Thanks for helping out this old man's memory...

It's true, in /Issola/, Vlad has the chaos stone that he uses to help
start the amorphia attack on the Jenoine.

But all he had in /Jhereg/ was his link to the Orb, and the knowledge from
Aliera that his soul could create amorphia. No chaos stones are involved
in this instance. (At least, Vlad mentions none. Given that he was
immobilized at the time, it would have been hard for him to use such a
stone, even if one were available.)

I suspect I need to re-write the article on Elder Sorcery to deliniate the
borders between the major "types" of Elder Sorcery a bit more clearly.

Majikjon