Dragaera

Issola Help...

Wed Jan 25 23:01:51 PST 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> Philip Hart wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Chris Olson wrote:
> >

> >>Does anyone recall an example of a male Issola and what they wear?
> >>Green and white, yes, but I only recall clothing descriptions of female
> >>Issolas (Issoli?:).

> >Also see the medium-late chapter of _O_ where Vlad bribes a male minstrel,
> >iirc.  Though now that I think of it, V's not nearly as clothes-conscious
> >as Paarfi, or perhaps just not as articulate.
> >

> That minstrel was not an Issola.

As I see from _O_, pg 195, he's a Teckla.  However, that's not necessarily
relevant to Chris's question.  Entirely relevant is the complete lack of
description of his attire.

Another similar possibility is _TPG_, pg 195 (amusingly):

"Beed'n, the Cavalier minstrel of the early Sixteenth Cycle, easily
recognized by the peacock feathers he wore trailing down from his
beret..."