Dragaera

High Tech vs. the Orb

Wed Jan 25 23:09:12 PST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Maximilian Wilson wrote:

> On 1/19/06, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
> > What this means about Morrolan's true character, or Khaavren's, or Pel's,
> > is quite interesting, I suspect.
>
> Morrolan, for one, is perfectly willing to tolerate rumors about his
> dispatching entire villages of hapless Easterners on a whim. W/rt
> Khaavren and Pel, I don't know if you're insinuating that they have
> similar attitudes, or that the portrayals are accurate enough that
> they can't object. Or perhaps you're merely noting it as "interesting"
> without passing judgment yet?

I haven't pursued this line myself, in part because I'm not sure SKZB
really cares to have the Paarfiad and Vladiad be consistent.  But one
could ask the question, does Pel not care to see his old plots and true
character made public?  Or is he unable to prevent Paarfi from exposing
him?  Or does everything Paarfi says cast him in a useful light - e.g.,
the actual Pel is much cleverer and manipulative than the Paarfian Pel?