Dragaera

Pel's Fate?

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Thu Jan 26 06:33:58 PST 2006

> On 1/19/06, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>I haven't pursued this line myself, in part because I'm not sure SKZB
>really cares to have the Paarfiad and Vladiad be consistent.  But one
>could ask the question, does Pel not care to see his old plots and true
>character made public?  Or is he unable to prevent Paarfi from exposing
>him?  Or does everything Paarfi says cast him in a useful light - e.g.,
>the actual Pel is much cleverer and manipulative than the Paarfian Pel?

Or is it possibly for the entirely practical reason that he is dead, and
therefore not able to contest the account if he'd wanted to?

The fates of most of the characters in the Paarfi books are not known,
save for the ones who we know are dead, and the ones who Paarfi directly
states are still alive at the time of his writing. (This includes
Khaavren, Piro and Ibronka.)

Majikjon