Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Thu Jan 26 07:24:04 PST 2006

Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/25/06 11:14 PM

Dragaera List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout
Kragar?)

>On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>> Since the distant past of Dragaera involves stuff from our present and
>> future, and yet the tales of Dragaera are being related in our
>> present, well, I nearly think time travel of *some* sort is indeed a
>> given.
>
>Maybe there's a quibble about "travel" - perhaps only info is being
>conveyed back.  And maybe there's some sort of universal recurrence
>going on (great, I'm going to have to relive the 2000 election) and
>the Texts are being projected forward...

Hmm... That's an intriguing possibility.

I think I prefer it to the idea of time travel (or time-crossing
communication of some sort.)

Of course, it does smack of Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series a
little too much for my taste.

Majikjon