Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Sun Jan 29 09:45:45 PST 2006

Howard Brazee wrote:

> K Kuhn wrote:
>
> >Unless the e'Kieron forebears only bred with their brothers and sisters,
> >it seems unlikely that the e'Kieron line would be the only ones with the
> >genes, if you assume several generations between Kieron and lab.
> >
> If that power was passed to Vlad, then an analysis based solely on how
> genetic traits are passed doesn't work.

Shrug - it's not like our favorite and most esteemed author's books are
full of reliable narrators, is it? [1]  I'm not sure you can really
assume that Aliera's theory of why Vlad can create raw amorphia is
necessarily right.  Aliera is probably right that only the e'Kieron line
of Dragaerans can do it, if only because the odds are good that other
Dragon lines and Houses of the Empire have tried doing it - or at least
I can't think of a reason why none of the Athyra or Hawks especially
would have tried it.   I've laid out my reasons why I don't think that
Easterners may have tried creating raw amorphia before, and there's
always the possibility that 'Taltos' as a surname is a big flaming hint.
(Wonder if Sethra knows anything about Easterner history and mythology-
a reason for Kiera to take an interest in a young Vlad, who might be
considered rather more naive than Noish-pa?)

Karen