Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Mon Jan 30 13:30:44 PST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> On 1/25/06, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> > > Since the distant past of Dragaera involves stuff from our present and
> > > future, and yet the tales of Dragaera are being related in our
> > > present, well, I nearly think time travel of *some* sort is indeed a
> > > given.
> >
> > Maybe there's a quibble about "travel" - perhaps only info is being
> > conveyed back.
>
> Yet why would Marxist ideas be conveyed back however many thousands
> and thousands of years it is supposed to be?

I assume the cache was a normal-causality occurrence - humankind takes
flight, settles Dragaera, builds libraries, gets stomped by the J;
then eventually a library gets found with its physics and engineering
texts decayed but its ancient history of economic thought texts
miraculously preserved.  Then info about the find is sent against
time's arrow into the past.

> > And maybe there's some sort of universal recurrence going on
>
> You mean, like some sort of temporal Cycle?  An interesting notion; I
> wonder if it has been thought of before?

Just referring to Nietzsche's idea of "eternal recurrence", which involves
the exact repetition of all history as the universe is born, dies, and is
reborn; but in this case with slight variation due to some sort of magic.