Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really*knowabout Kragar?)

Mon Jan 30 14:41:09 PST 2006

> I wonder if perhaps witchcraft can be used to create amorphia?  But up
> until Vlad, no witch had been knowledgeable of the possibility, and
> desperate and stupid enough to try it (and Vlad just didn't realize
> that it was witchcraft that he had done).

Two arguments against:

1) Witchcraft doesn't work like that. Every witchcraft spell we've witnessed
was one that took a great deal of preparation and had a substantial buildup
to a climax wherein the spell was released and imposed its effects on the
world. "Instant on" is a hallmark of sorcery. Besides, it seems highly
unlikely that Vlad could do anything with Witchcraft and not realize how he
was accomplishing it.

2) Dragaerans were derived from Easterners (Terrans) and they are able to
learn and perform witchcraft just as Easterners can. If every Easterner can
do it then by extension every Dragaeran can do it and Aliera is wrong about
it being specific to the e'Kieron line. With his background, Morollan likely
takes witchcraft more seriously than the average Dragearan but he's not the
first Dragaeran to study it. If it could produce anything like Vlad's
ability then it ought to be well known and, in fact, it would give Dragaeran
sorcerous society a reason to give it serious study instead of look down on
it for its limitations versus the mechanical style of Orb-based sorcery.