Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Mon Jan 30 13:38:43 PST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> I wonder if perhaps witchcraft can be used to create amorphia?  But up
> until Vlad, no witch had been knowledgeable of the possibility, and
> desperate and stupid enough to try it (and Vlad just didn't realize
> that it was witchcraft that he had done).  Hm.  Probably not, but an
> interesting thought. And I think it works better than the idea that
> any Easterner can create chaos.

Presumably it wouldn't be _any_ E, but those with the right
genes/soul/whatever.  The Empire might think there's no reason
a priori to conclude that the right combo couldn't arise in
some Eastern population, in which case it would be a good idea
to suppress V and his relatives.  Or that some E pop might find
some other way of harnessing the power, e.g. witchcraft, in which
case it would be a good idea to hunt down everyone V knows.

So, sure, why couldn't witchcraft put one on a friendly footing with
amorphia?  Maybe that's the point of Morollan having training in it.