Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:43:27 PST 2006

On 2/1/06, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
> > And I have to wonder, yet again, why Verra took such a rather
> > roundabout way of allowing Morrolan to survive his trip to the Paths,
> > instead of just taking him aside at some point and saying to him "Make
> > a cut in your arm.  We're going to do something that will allow you to
> > leave the Paths without dying."
> >
> > I suppose there are additional handwaves possible, such as fresh blood
> > not doing the trick properly, and/or maybe the trick doesn't work if
> > you know that the stuff is (indeed, perhaps Vlad's continual refusal
> > to tell Morrolan what the stuff was is an idea planted in his head by
> > Verra). Oh, well.
>
> I don't understand "additional" above.

I was trying to refer, elliptically, to the political/psychological
handwave you refer to below.  I probably should have worded it better.

> Is it not sufficient to posit that Verra couldn't make the exchange
> in public for political reasons, and that the Halls are generally
> semi-public?  Hence the value slipping S the vial off-stage beforehand.

Yes, but I was thinking that the Shore where the Cycle was seemed to
be private, or at least, not often visited by the Gods.  So Verra
could theoretically have done the deed there.  Perhaps.