Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Wed Feb 1 13:43:18 PST 2006

Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
02/01/06 12:51 PM

Dragaera List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: the honing of Vlad

>On 2/1/06, Jon_Lincicum wrote:
>> This assumes that she would be able to come up with the idea that a
blood
>> transfusion to Morrolan would work.
>>
>> This possibiliy may simply not have occurred to her.
>>
>> She may not be as clever as Vlad was; he's pretty creative, after all.
>>

>Perhaps.  Yet Vlad got the idea of the blood transfusion from Verra's
>remarks that at least part of being a god was in the blood (Indeed,
>citing specifically: "My blood is the blood of a god. It is for this
>reason that the Halls of judgment cannot hold me.") Although there is
>also Aliera's similar statement about her own blood, I see.
>
>Was Verra truly not hinting to Vlad the direction he should be thinking?

I don't there's any question he was inferring this from her comments, but
was she deliberately implying this by making them?

I honestly don't think we have enough clues to determine her exact
intentions.

>Who can say?

Of course, it's also possible that the entire
"Verra-has-special-plans-for-Morrolan" angle is simply Paarfi propoganda.
In the two instances where *Vlad* has witnessed Verra meeting Morrolan (in
/Taltos/ and /Issola/), there seemingly hasn't been any special kind of
connection there. (At least not that he has commented on.)

This raises (yet again) the question: who's more unreliable, Vlad or
Paarfi?

Majikjon