Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:51:58 PST 2006

On 2/1/06, Jon_Lincicum wrote:
> Philip Hart wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:
> >
> >> Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>

> >> There's also Kiera's comment in /Orca/ where she explains to Vlad that
> >> Verra didn't really know why he needed the vial in the first place.
> >
> >Not I think relevant - V could have whapped Her forehead and said, D'oh,
> >that's why I had that intuition, now I have to cut Myself again.
>
> This assumes that she would be able to come up with the idea that a blood
> transfusion to Morrolan would work.
>
> This possibiliy may simply not have occurred to her.
>
> She may not be as clever as Vlad was; he's pretty creative, after all.

Perhaps.  Yet Vlad got the idea of the blood transfusion from Verra's
remarks that at least part of being a god was in the blood (Indeed,
citing specifically: "My blood is the blood of a god. It is for this
reason that the Halls of judgment cannot hold me.") Although there is
also Aliera's similar statement about her own blood, I see.

Was Verra truly not hinting to Vlad the direction he should be thinking?

Who can say?