Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:21:09 PST 2006

On 2/2/06, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Joy Jennifer Nicholson wrote:
>
> > Why wouldn't Aliera's [blood] do?  or Vlad's, for that matter?
>
> Re the former, handwave.  Re the latter, Vlad's not a god or
> descended from one, as far as we know.

As far as we know, true.  But to the left, there is the speculation
revolving around him being secretly the son of Verra.  And the trinary
moment with Spellbreaker.

Hm.  What if Vlad is indeed (meant to be) a god, and everyone who
knows about it has no interest whatsoever in telling him?

That might mean that that whole "An Easterner can leave the Paths of
the Dead" is a big whopping half-truth, or more bluntly, a lie.  And
his blood might indeed have been able to help Morrolan, except for
perhaps blood antigen incompatibility.