Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Feb 3 06:08:17 PST 2006

Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
02/02/06 04:21 PM

Dragaera List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: the honing of Vlad

>On 2/2/06, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
>> Re the former, handwave.  Re the latter, Vlad's not a god or
>> descended from one, as far as we know.
>
>As far as we know, true.  But to the left, there is the speculation
>revolving around him being secretly the son of Verra.  And the trinary
>moment with Spellbreaker.
>
>Hm.  What if Vlad is indeed (meant to be) a god, and everyone who
>knows about it has no interest whatsoever in telling him?

I seem to recall reading an interview where Steve said that he knows how
Vlad dies... This indicates to me that godhood is not so likely for him.
(Of course, Steve has been known to change his mind on things from time to
time.)

>That might mean that that whole "An Easterner can leave the Paths of
>the Dead" is a big whopping half-truth, or more bluntly, a lie.  And
>his blood might indeed have been able to help Morrolan, except for
>perhaps blood antigen incompatibility.

Even if Vlad were going to be a god *later*, would that make his blood
special *now*?

Majikjon