Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:36:30 PST 2006

On 2/3/06, Jeff G. <Log0n5150 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Also, do we have textev that the vial is actually Verra's Blood? I don't
> recall.

Well, here's what we have:

/Taltos/, ch 7 (/Book of Taltos/, pg 68)

Vlad: "What's in the vial?"

Kiera: "The blood of a goddess"

/Orca/, ch 17 (/Book of Athyra/, pg 421)

Vlad: "And what was that whole business with the blood of the goddess?
Not that I haven't figured out who the goddess is."

Kiera: "I can't tell you that, Vlad. She said it was important for you
to have that vial, and that she, herself, didn't know why."

Hmm.  I wonder if the goddess was in fact Devera rather than Verra?
That would actually work better in some ways, since Devera is (a)
nicer than Verra, and (b) a blood relative of Morrolan.