Dragaera

Spoiler thread on Brokedown Palace, need to know.

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 21:03:29 PST 2006

On 2/5/06, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:

> (Which name
> was probably chosen by Noish-pa. Unless, of course, it happened to be
> Noish-pa's name back in Fenario. This, to me, seems unlikely, as it's
> not a very *humble* name for a Fenarian commoner to use within his own
> country. It would be kind of like someone in this country using the last
> name :"Christ".)

Hm.  Despite my earlier analogy, I don't think that's the case.  I
used "Jesus" because I thought that "taltos" might have a similar
great personal significance for Cawti, not because "taltos" has such
great significance for all Easterners.

"Taltos" means... well, see "Taltos (legend)" in the Wikipedia.  So
since it can also mean "priest-magician", or "shaman", while calling
oneself that is a bit self-inflating, it's nowhere near as incredibly
important as Christ is to Christians.  And since Noish-pa is indeed a
skilled witch, perhaps he called himself that as an honest
self-appraisal.  Truth in advertising, as it were.  Heh.