Dragaera

Favorite Vlad Quip...

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Thu Feb 9 08:54:01 PST 2006

Sokerchick <sokerchick777 at yahoo.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
02/08/06 08:43 PM

dragaera at dragaera.info
cc

Subject
Favorite Vlad Quip...

>  So I must say that one of the best parts of reading the Taltos series
is the dry humor and amazing wit.  With that said I was wondering if
>anyone had a favorite quip from any of the books.

Oh yeah, one more of my absolute favorites, this one from /Orca/:

(Vlad telling Kiera about his investigation into the Fyres conspiracy)

"I'll just work my way through these special Guardsmen, find out who their
boss is, kill him, take his position, use that to get close to the
Empress, kill her, take the Orb, and rule Dragaera myself, exploiting the
Empire ruthlessly in order to enrich myself and punish those who have
offended me throughout my life, in preparation for conquering the East and
eventually making myself ruler of the entire world." He paused from
whipping the eggs, looked at me, and nodded somberly. "*Then* I'd meet
some girls, I'll bet."

---

I love that one.

Majikjon