Dragaera

Speculations about Sethra and the Lavodes (Was RE: TEST)

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Wed Feb 15 07:48:17 PST 2006

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com writes:

> Every mythos about the undead is slightly different. For one
> example, as I learned the last time this possibility was raised
> (fairly recently), the Buffy Vampire universe says that it's
> possible for a Vampire to get pregnant, but the birth would be
> stillborn unless the vampire sacrificed themselves for the child
> (or some such. I'm not a Buffy fan). Other types of "Vampires",
> such as the Larry Niven variety seen in /The Ringworld Engineers/
> are not really "undead" at all, and seem to have no problems
> reproducing.

In Keri Arthur's recent novel _Full Moon Rising_, vampires are
fertile for the first 24 hours after rising from the dead.  Any
children that result are called dhampires, and have some vampire
traits.

Of course, except for unsubstantiated claims she drinks blood,
Sethra doesn't seem to have anything in common with other types of
vampires.

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - - - email: gaertk at aol.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                          -- James Nicoll