Dragaera

Speculations about Sethra and the Lavodes (Was RE: TEST)

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:06:03 PST 2006

On 2/15/06, Gaertk at aol.com <Gaertk at aol.com> wrote:
> Of course, except for unsubstantiated claims she drinks blood,
> Sethra doesn't seem to have anything in common with other types of
> vampires.

Sethra offers Vlad some wine in Issola:

    "Good wine," I told her. "Thanks."
    She smiled as if sharing a joke with herself and said, "You are
most welcome, Lord Taltos."

At one point I wondered if this was some kind of vampire thing
(obErickson: virgin's blood is woody), although it didn't really match
the text or Sethra's character. My current suspicion is that the wine
comes either from Fenario or from Vlad's own estates (as Taltos or
Szurke); since she is emphasizing his title the latter is more likely.

Doesn't have much to do with vampires except that that's what reminded me.

Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,