Dragaera

Speculations about Sethra and the Lavodes (Was RE: TEST)

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Wed Feb 15 08:28:32 PST 2006

At 10:07 PM 2/14/2006, Kenneth Gorelick wrote:

>On Feb 14, 2006, at 6:53 PM, Scott Schultz wrote:
>
>>>Until Vlad, you mean...
>>Vlad as Sethra's offspring? I'd be interested in hearing where that
>>theory comes from, especially given that Sethra would have been (un)dead
>>at the time that Vlad was conceived.
>>
>>In any case, he doesn't show on her lineage block. ;-)
>But think how much that explains about Vlad's father...the interest
>of Sethra and her alter ego...and what does being undead have to do
>with getting pregnant? The undead can't foster life? Do they have
>intestinal flora? I have never heard any compelling evidence that an
>undead vampire cannot conceive and bear a child.

I know nothing, NOZ-ZINK! about Dragaeran reproductive biology, but
it strikes me that her death may have ended Sethra's reproductive
usefulness--it seems to work that way, normally, at least.  And
there's always the situation of different species and hybridization
(Vlad, it appears, is not sterile).

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net