Dragaera

Speculations about Sethra and the Lavodes (Was RE: TEST)

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at mac.com
Wed Feb 15 10:16:37 PST 2006

On Feb 15, 2006, at 12:25 PM, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

> Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
> Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
> 02/15/06 09:04 AM

> cc
> dragaera at dragaera.info
> Subject
> Re: Speculations about Sethra and the Lavodes (Was RE: TEST)
>

>> I don't think fertility is an urgent need here.   She might have long
>> term plans of returning to mortality.   But she probably has lots of
>> long term plans of a grander nature.
>
> One other point to consider--even if Sethra were still alive, she
> would be
> well past the age of Dragaeran menopause.
>
> By a factor of at least 10,000 I would say.

Gee, how anthropocentric of you! I have not yet heard that Dragaerans
menstruate, much less pause.  I could hypothesize a voluntary estrus,
induced by sorcery (at least since the interregnum ended), for the
sole purpose of conception in contrast to purely recreational sex
which could take place anywhen.