Dragaera

Speculations about Sethra and the Lavodes (Was RE: TEST)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Wed Feb 15 10:48:27 PST 2006

Kenneth Gorelick <pulmon at mac.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
02/15/06 10:16 AM

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
cc
dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject
Re: Speculations about Sethra and the Lavodes (Issola Spoilers)

>Gee, how anthropocentric of you! I have not yet heard that Dragaerans
>menstruate, much less pause.  I could hypothesize a voluntary estrus,
>induced by sorcery (at least since the interregnum ended), for the
>sole purpose of conception in contrast to purely recreational sex
>which could take place anywhen.

Well, since Dragaerans are based on human stock, mixed with animal genes,
(according to Sethra in /Issola/), it is logical to conclude that their
basic biological functions are the same as ours.

I have seen no compelling evidence to the contrary, in any event.

Certainly, we don't have solid answers about most of this, but I would say
that if there were dramatic differences, (like Dragaerans reproduced via
asexual mitosis or something) then their culture would be radically
different, (and would likely not include prostitutes).

Majikjon