Dragaera

What happens for 6 months?

Claire Rojstaczer ambyrglow at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:03:24 PST 2006

On 2/17/06, Steve Rapaport <steve at romlin.com> wrote:

> So, Dzur is written, and accepted, and copyedited.  And it has a cover
> painting, and a blurb, and has been announced to the bookstores.  It even
> has cover reviews.
>
> And it's being released to the stores August 8.
>
> In the six months between now and then, can someone tell me what
> additional
> stuff we're waiting for that takes six months?  It can't just be printing
> the books.

At a guess, as someone not really in the trade/fiction end of the business,
typesetting, proofreading, and printing, certainly, but also marketing (not
everyone reads Steve's blog, alas) and distribution (most of the copies will
go through wholesalers and the like before getting to actual stores).

Claire
[resending, because I forgot to send to the list the first time around]