Dragaera

Teckla/Phoenix

Wed Feb 22 10:51:01 PST 2006

> I would say Javert is more of a Tsalmoth, or an Iorich.
>
> He pursues Valjean with a tenacity that would make a Tsalmoth proud.
>
> And his dedication to "justice" over any other consideration is the
> essence of an Iorich mentality.
>
> Majikjon
>
> -Currently revising lyrics in his head for "Teckla: The Musical!"

Y'know, I thought of both of those, for much the same reasons. For the life
of me, though, I can't figure out WHY I think of a Tsalmoth as "tenacious".
The Iorich would certainly fit, but every time we've seen reference to an
Iorich it's a reference to something that amounts to a judge or a lawyer.
I'm not aware of any examples of an Iorich investigator. Iorich seem to be
all about interpretation and application of the law. Investigation may not
be their forte, neccesarily. Khaavren himself is an able investigator; he
doesn't ring for an Iorich detective to solve his problems.

You're right that Javert's sense of justice would do an Iorich proud, so I
certainly wouldn't object to him being an Iorich. ;-)