Dragaera

Brust E-Books

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 07:54:56 PST 2006

On 2/27/06, Scott Raun <sraun at fireopal.org> wrote:

> For those who haven't heard, TOR is having a pilot project with Baen
> to do Webscriptions.  At least some of Steve's books (including Dzur!)
> are included!
>
> Per http://bar.baen.com/WB/default.asp?action=9&read=77561&fid=72

Why, that's excellent! I've been wanting e-book versions of some of this
stuff for a long time. It's nice having good books available from anywhere,
and then there's the point that publishing/shipping/etc. costs are lower,
and my hope that authors therefore get a better cut. I've already got Dzur
on pre-order through Amazon, but webscriptions is inexpensive enough that
I'm sure I'll get an e-book copy as well. (Probably /Issola/ and maybe
/Dragon/, too.) I find e-books readable enough, and there's always the
chance that they'll sell some ARCs as well. (Advance Reader Copy: early, if
a bit pricey, versions of the book as it's going through copy-editing. I
read /Dance of Time/ that way and while there were a few glaring typos,
knowing that it was basically hot-off-the-typewriter manuscript prevented
that from detracting from the experience.)

Thanks for the heads-up.

Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are,