Dragaera

Multiple emporers in a reign, revisited

Mon Mar 13 11:18:50 PST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Joshua Kronengold wrote:

> Philip Hart writes:
>
> >info than strictly necessary.  And I still don't see any clear mechanism
> >for the emperor dying and his House remaining in power.
>
> This seems to be the -only- possible result should an Emperor die
> before the minimum time expires, and, in fact, the only possible way
> for a House to reign for the maximum term.

Not in the least convincing based on the available info.

> But then, we've gone over this a number of times without many people
> being convinced.

Well, I'm convinced on my side, and I take it others are convinced
on the other.  No doubt we'll go over it a number of times in the future
without reaching a consensus, until there's a clear statement in
the Texts from someone authoritative one way or the other, with
an explanation of the behavior of everyone at the end of Tortaalik's
reign.