Dragaera

Multiple emporers in a reign, revisited

Tue Mar 14 13:12:38 PST 2006

I don't think the point of the post was to speculate that Aliera and
Morrolan went to too much trouble to find a replacement who could resign
(and thereby waste their effort); rather, why go to all that trouble if it
were possible for Morrolan or Aliera to resign? That is, if it is possible
for the Emperor to resign, then Morrolan and Aliera should not waste effort
finding someone else to be the legitimate Heir, since they could just
abdicate.

But even though I think this is what the original question meant to ask, I
don't think there is any inconsistency in supposing resignation to be
possible AND knowing that Morrolan and Aliera tried to find another Heir.
Maybe neither of them wanted to be Emperor even for a day, or a minute; so
it is not just that they were worried they would be stuck with it forever,
but that they were quite happy doing their own thing and didn't want any
disruptions. This seems perfectly consistent to me. So maybe it is possible
for the Emperor to resign.

Shawn