Dragaera

Speculative Planetary Statistics for Dragaera (Math help?)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Apr 7 14:35:04 PDT 2006

Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
04/07/06 01:20 PM

cc
dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject
Re: Speculative Planetary Statistics for Dragaera (Math help?)

>We also see some material which may be "left-over" from the
>world-building process.   Powerful, dangerous material that seems to
>have a tremendous energy content.   The world as we see it and the
>amorphia don't seem to be things that could have co-existed for millions
>of years without some kind of control over things.

The amorphia hasn't been there for "millions of years". It's older than
the Empire, but probably not by very much.

We don't have an exact timeframe for how long it was between the explosion
that destroyed the Jenoine on Dragaera (creating the Greater Sea) and the
creation of the Orb and the Empire, it couldn't be all that long--maybe a
few thousand years--or else the Jenoine would have just come back. (It is
strongly implied in /Issola/ that the Orb is the primary deterrant to
their return.)

Also, clearly the planet was habitable by humans (and Dragaerans, and
Serioli) prior to this event, since the Jenoine were experimenting on them
before the amorphia was even created.

Certainly we don't know what other powerful tricks and devices the Jenoine
have up their sleeves, but I consider it unlikely that they created or
even significantly terraformed Dragaera itself. (Unless they "created" it
millenia in advance of our arrival as a trap to lure humans in so they
could experiment on them? hm. There's an interesting idea. Still, no proof
either way.)

Majikjon