Dragaera

FW: Dragaera questions

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 16:21:43 PDT 2006

On 4/21/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
> "Rion Bergquist" <carpovita at earthlink.net>
> Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
> 04/21/06 09:02 AM
>
> >Steve's e-mail is down, and this list is sort of his posse so....

I've always suspected that "Soft as an iorich's wing" was a typo for
"Soft as an issola's wing".

There's a precedent for this sort of confusion:

  http://www.speakeasy.org/~mamandel/Cracks-and-Shards/misc-cracks.html#Prison

> >2.  What sort of dog would he describe the Lyorn as?  Are they like
> >golden retreivers or some other breed?  If the breed is left up to me, then
> >that's cool too.  :)
>
> http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Lyorn_%28animal%29

While the fur is probably golden-retreiver-colored, I suspect that the
body of the lyorn is that of a fiercer animal.  Sort of how Kathy
Grantham's orca looks way meaner and nastier than an ordinary
Earth-orca.  Making it look just like a golden retreiver would be a
mistake, I think.

> >3.  Can I draw the dzur as a black tiger with white stripes or can you
> >even see the stripes of a dzur?
>
> http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Dzur_%28animal%29
> http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/k/a/kathyg/dzur96.jpg.html

While the dzur is probably all black, I once had a black cat who had
very dark gray fur, with darker black striping visible if examined
closely.  I think that might be Cool as well.