Dragaera

Confirmed Dragaera track at Opus-posted around

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Tue May 9 19:30:35 PDT 2006

The following info is now on  http://www.fireflyfans.net/

http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=2&t=20499

And www.serenitymovie.org

http://www.serenitymovie.org/browncoats/forums/index.php?showtopic=5986

Steven Brust's Firefly Novel--We will get to read it!

On Steven Brust Firefly novel:
"Steve is in the running to be an official writer in the Firefly universe,
but no matter who gets chosen we'll all still get to see what he has in mind as
he has promised his fans that in
the event his Firefly novel is NOT published, he'll publish it as fanfic."

I received the following info in an email from Steven Brust's mailing list
http://dragaera.info/ on 5/7/2006.

about Opus Fantasy Arts Festival
May 19-21 2006 at Hyatt DTC Denver, CO
http://www.opusfest.com/

If you don't want to read it all, edit find or search for the word Firefly.

email from Rion Bergquist
Chairman and Herder of Cats
Opus Fantasy Arts Festival

Subject:Confirmed Dragaera track at Opus

"Brust Track:

Listed below are the appearance details for our Literature Guest of Honor,
Steven Brust. In addition to the scheduled events you may be able to attend
the occasional impromptu panel with him. We title these "Late Night
Musings" and make no promises that you will be able to attend because, a)
you have to be awake when they happen, and b) you have to find him .
Steve is a naturally a night creature, as such he tends to be up longer than
the convention programming gives him things to do. Many people have
reported that if you track him down in the wee hours of a con that he can be
found spinning impromptu tales, debating politics religion and theology, or
involved in various arcane meditation and rejuvenation rites that involve
alcohol and tobacco. If you are lucky enough to find him at one of the
sessions you'll never forget the experience. If this sounds interesting we
suggest that you start your search for him in the hotel Pub.

Scheduled Brust sightings:

Friday
5:00 PM: Book Signing - Vendor Hall (Grand Mesa D-E)
Steve signs books that you bring him. Please only bring him books that he
was involved in and keep the quantity light - we like seeing new things from
him and want to avoid giving him literal writer's cramp.
6:30 PM: Author's choice reading - Mesa Verde B
Let's start of right. Steve has written in various genres, time periods,
and styles, and in the last year he's even become involved in a Firefly
novel bid. We'll let him decide what he wants to read from - but no matter
what he chooses you'll be glad you are there to hear him.
8:00 PM: Writing books while giggling - Mesa Verde B
Steve tells how Dragaera got a second series. And why he never expected it
to be published, let alone sell. Writing _The Phoenix Guards_ and the
unpublished Firefly novel, and what was behind these books as well as the
others. How he nicknames all his own books, but not his collaborations.
Saturday
2:00 PM Dragaera Q&A - Mesa Verde B
Join the writer of one of Fantasy's best loved series as he discusses with
the audience the why's and what fors of his vibrant world. He may even
answer a few burning questions of the realm - but, knowing Steve, he'll
likely leave you with more questions than you entered with.

4:00 PM: Tarot Design - Mesa Verde B
What would a Dragaeran Tarot Deck look like - and how would Dragaerans use
it? Steve will be joined by a tarot expert and you, the audience, while you
all delve into what exactly such a Tarot would look like and how it would be
used, by Dragaerans, and perhaps even by those of us in less fantastic
worlds.

6:00 till Done - The Dragaeran Feast - Room 1121
What do they eat in Dragaera? You've read about it, but now you have the
chance to wrap your tongue around "authentic" Dragaeran food. Best of all
you'll be dining with Steve at this exclusive and delicious multi-course
meal.

9:00 PM: Steve on Stage - Mesa Verde B
Steve, a guitar and a stage. The only thing between him and the bar is you -
the audience. Come listen to their dulcet tones, make requests if you like -
but just like in his books, expect him to take you places you did not think
to go.

Sunday
1:00 PM: Dragaeran games - Thunder Pass
Dragaerans live an awful long time and torturing Easterners can only keep
boredom at bay for so long. So, what sort of games do Dragaerans play? Come
and explore the pass-times of the well-nigh-immortal.
2:30 PM: Book Signing - Vendor Hall (Grand Mesa D-E)
Steve signs books that you bring him. Please only bring him books that he
was involved in and keep the quantity light - we like seeing new things from
him and want to avoid giving him literal writer's cramp.

4:00 PM: Fan Fiction - Thunder Pass
Fans writing fiction based in someone else's universe is a big thing in
fandom. While most writers can often talk to their fans about fan fiction
written in their worlds Steve can also tell you about his own experience and
techniques when writing fan fiction. Steve is in the running to be an