Dragaera

Brokedown Palace

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon May 15 12:11:51 PDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:

> Well, that was just a guess based on the fact that many of the other books
> have gotten new covers on re-release (Agyar, Gypsy, TRiH, etc).

/The Gypsy/ has its original cover art, and so does /Cowboy Feng's/.
But the other two do have very different covers, as does /The Sun, the
Moon, and the Stars/.

Apropos of Amazon, I see they have a new feature - a concordance (100
most common words), and text stats.

For example, /The Gypsy/ has 97,036 words (9,035 words per dollar),
and rates 79.7 on the Flesch Index (whatever that is - I suppose I
could look it up).  The most common word in the book appears to be
"Stepovich" (497 times), although "gypsy" and "coachman" also appear
to be rather common.

/Agyar/ is notable for how bland all of the most common words are.

In TRiH, "Satan" (490 times) beats "Yahweh" (461 times).  Heh.