Dragaera

Agyar (Agyar?/Sixth Sense Spoilers) (Was Re: Brokedown Palace)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Tue May 16 14:34:30 PDT 2006

Lydy <lydy at demesne.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
05/16/06 02:08 PM

'Dragaera List' <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: Agyar (Agyar?/Sixth Sense Spoilers) (Was Re: Brokedown Palace)

>Jon Lincicum wrote:
>
>> Saying /Agyar/ is about [...] falls into the same category. It may be a

>> very slight giveaway, but I have trouble believing anyone who's read
>> very much of this list would be surprised by it. The book is 13 years
>> old, for goodness sake. This "spoiler" also in no way detracts from the

>> more important character developments and "twists" that make that book
>> very good read.
>
>I'm pretty sure I'm not the stupidest person who's ever read /Agyar/, or
>for that matter, who's seen /Sixth Sense/.  I wasn't sure what the
>nature of the story or the characters in /Agyar/ was until very near the
>end.  (The story about the Irish cottage, I think, was the capstone.  Or
>very near there.)  (Is that a spoiler?  I don't _think_ so.)  And I
>didn't suss out /Sixth Sense/ at all.  I needed the exposition at the
>very end.  The revelation was emotionally and dramatically satisfying.
>I'm glad I didn't figure it out early.

One of the things I've learned in the last day is that the original cover
art and blurb for /Agyar/ were apparently much less revealing than the
subsequent Trade PB edition that I own.

I think this misunderstanding contributed greatly to some of the back and
forth of the last day or so.

Majikjon