Dragaera

Spoilers

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Tue May 16 18:17:50 PDT 2006

"Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com> writes:

>In any case, rather than argue semantics or degrees of "spoilerage", just
>ask yourself if it would be a surprise at all to someone who hadn't yet read
>the book. If so, then consider treating it as a spoiler out of deference to
>those people. In the case of Agyar, if it's being pretty much spelled out on
>the back cover then it's not really a spoiler any more, no matter what
>SKZB's intentions might have been.

Except that some people (like myself) frequently don't read cover blurbs
because they don't want to be spoiled (and most blurbs contain at least one
factual error anyway).  And _Agyar_ clearly intends to be subtle on this
point.

It is a difficult question.  I regret being spoiled about the premise of Kirstein's novels (especially since I explicitly asked about that aspect).

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - - - email: gaertk at aol.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                          -- James Nicoll