Dragaera

25-28 May 2006 - Orlando, FL Steven Brust. GOH OASIS 19

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Wed May 24 20:02:27 PDT 2006

>From
http://www.angelfire.com/fang/dreamcafe_chica

OASIS 19
25-28 May 2006 - Orlando, FL (Memorial Day Weekend).
Author Guest of Honor: Steven Brust.
http://www.oasfis.org/oasfis.html

>From
http://skzbrust.livejournal.com

"Monday, May 22nd, 2006
4:59 am Back from Opus, where I had some of the best food in the history of
the Unvierse. On Friday, Eniko (add a long umlaut over that last "o") brought
me to her mother's for a Hungarian dinner, featuring an amazing elk perkolt
(her husband, Imre, had shot the elk). Then, on Saturday, was the Dragaeran
feast, cooked by Eniku, her mother, her father, and her husband. I'll do another
entry with the menu. Short version: Ye Gods! I'm never going to eat again.

Linux box has made distinct improvements. I need to track down DDB to get a
bit of help (it whould only be a bit) to get emacs working right, and then deal
with the printer problem. Apparently, the one weak spot with Ubuntu is
printer support. Davy has been of much help, but it may mean that I have to bite the
bullet and buy a new printer, once I learn which ones Ubuntu doesn't have
problems with. We'll see.

I leave Thursday for a convention in Orlando.

More later. "