Dragaera

Great Weapons again (Issola Spoilers)

Wed May 31 15:18:24 PDT 2006

Okay, I have to admit I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

I don't recall anyone of our normal cast knowing Spellbreaker's nature
beforehand. The Serioli that Vlad visited with in Morollan's company
understood its nature, but neither Vlad nor Morollan really got it. Vlad
asks if he means that Spellbreaker is a Great Weapon, to which he answers
"not yet"; essentially, explaining that there is/was/will be a weapon known
as "Remover of Aspects of Divinity". Despite the obvious hint, neither Vlad
nor Morollan draws any connections here that I remember.

Verra doesn't bother knowing about things that are outside of her sphere of
influence. Once Spellbreaker is brought to her attention, she knows
instantly what it is and what Great Weapon it's associated with. Vlad
clearly does not. In fact, the drama at the conclusion of Issola relies on
his ignorance.

Maybe it's just differing viewpoints but IMO Verra was the first (well,
second if we count our Serioli friend) to know and understand Spellbreaker,
not the last.