Dragaera

Dzur speculation <SPOILERS AHOY>

Fri Jul 14 03:35:19 PDT 2006

> > If Vlad made a few examples out of assassins they probably won't
> > risk their souls for Imperials.
>
> Vlad risked his soul for Imperials every time he performed a Morganti
> assassination - if he had been caught, the Morganti weapon would have
> been used on him.

It's one thing to kill a rat who has bodyguards, because they know its
coming,
but they have defenses a good assassin can work around. Vlad knows how it
is done, he has 4 more eyes watching over him, and one of the most powerful
magical artifacts in the world. Once one or two assassins get their souls
eaten,
I think the assassins would mostly realize the risk is far more than any
reward.

> I think Vlad'll be mad because Cawti deliberately made Kiera
> > promise not to tell Vlad he had a son. It's one thing to not
> > tell him for his safety, but another to forbid one of his oldest
> > friends to tell him what's going on.
>
> But it's all part of the same thing.  If Kiera had told Vlad about VN,
> it would have had the same result as if Vlad had found out by some
> other means, and would have still endangered his life and soul.

If Kiera wanted to tell Vlad she wouldn't have if it endangered him,
and she wanted to tell him.

> Another thing is, that whether she's still in with Kelly or not,
> > she believes in his cause and what he's trying to do, and I doubt
> > she'll raise VN without attempting to instill what she believes in.
> > Vlad would not agree with that.
>
> VN is currently four years old.  How much is a four-year-old going to
> absorb of politics, anyway?
>
> I suspect that indoctrination probably wouldn't work anyway.  Cawti
> believes in her cause because of personal experiences she's had (which
> I don't think she's ever told Vlad).  VN's experiences will be
> different.
>
> Vlad's father believed firmly in becoming as Dragaeran as it is
> possible for an Easterner to be.  Vlad doesn't seem to have picked
> *that* particular belief up.

I feel like many of you misunderstand me. I'm not saying right now
he's a revolutionary. I'm saying if he continues to live with Cawti he
probably will pick it up from her, as he grows older. He's not staying
four his entire life, and unless Cawti dies, he's sticking with her unless
unusual circumstances occur.

Well, for the most part, politics are like religion-if your parent,
in your eyes, is a good one, most likely you'll take after them
in their beliefs. That's why certain families are known for being
Democrats or Republicans.

I think, like his son, Vlad's dad hated Dragaerans, but didn't want
his son to do the same. I don't think he was a very open man. Pure
speculation...