Onlinerpg

Let's get this party started!

Starshadw at aol.com Starshadw at aol.com
Tue Jun 11 21:00:04 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/11/2002 9:52:14 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
moodygrrl at earthlink.net writes:

>   Other than that I'm willing to learn a new system, but
> a similar or simple one would  be best for my level of experience.
>     My hope for the RPG is mainly to have fun, and 'experience' a little
> bit
> of  Dragaera. We are going to be playing post-Interregnum, right?

GURPS is, while not similar, easy to learn.  I love D&D.  It was the first
system I played (when I was 9) and I have played it in every incarnation
since then.  But what I like about GURPS when dealing with "world
translation" is that there is more flexibility.  You'll see what I mean.  The
HERO system someone mentioned actually has as much, if not more flexibility
than GURPS but it is much more cumbersome and the learning curve is higher.

> I'm not very experienced at RPGs, but I am willing to help
> with the research, just let me know what you need.

What I'll do is post my "notes" so far for Jhereg so people can get an idea.
I just loaned the book (this time, I'm keeping close track because this is
how I keep "losing" the book) to someone, so I'm going to focus on the
website until I get the book back.

> Thanks for organizing, Stacy!

Hey, I'm just getting things started - I hope to get lots of help! :)

Stacy