Dragaera

[dragaera] Re: Athyra

Fri Jun 7 06:57:13 PDT 2002

The preorder tool on half.com is good for this too. That way, you can
set a price that you are willing to spend for a particular book and if
the book shows up for that price or less, half.com automatically buys it
for you.  I wound up having to do that for Athyra.  Wound up getting it
for about 15 or so and didn't have to keep checking for it all the time.

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Beldarrin at aol.com [mailto:Beldarrin at aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 9:09 PM
To: Raellew at aol.com; dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject: Re: [dragaera] Re: Athyra

    Hmm...  I kept looking for "Athyra" since I finished "Jhereg" and I
saw
it mostly for $40+.  Lucky for me, while looking for Final Fantasy
paraphernalia on e-bay, I got the brilliant idea of looking for "Athyra"
on
e-bay, too, and then got disgruntled and starting checking Amazon and
Barnes
& Noble online religiously (like four or five times a day).  After about
two
weeks of doing this, I (well, okay, it was actually my husband - hey,
even
they're useful once in a while!) found a copy on Amazon for only $16
plus $3
shipping & handling.  Deciding not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I
purchased it right away.

    And so, the moral to this story is, just keep checking - on e-bay,
Amazon, and Barnes & Noble...  Also (and yes, this is a longshot), check
out
local used book stores.  Some people don't know the treasures they have!

~ Stephles the <ahem!> Great