Dragaera

Finding out above Steve's books....

Thu Jun 13 22:26:27 PDT 2002

> tyan at twcny.rr.com (Thomas Yan) writes:
>
> I'm curious.  How did you discover Steve's books, and how did you
> learn of this mailing list?

    Since we're all sharing our fun stories, I'll take a turn.  I had always
been a fan of fantasy, ever since my father got me hooked on Tolkien.  I got
into the Weis & Hickman Dragonlance Books, a few Jordan and Pratchett books,
but there was never alot of selection at the small bookstores in town.  Then
a Chapters, one of those huge huge book emporiums opened, which me and some
friends raided.  I noticed 'The Phoenix Guards' soon after starting to go
through the Fantasy section alphabetically.  I read a part of the first
chapter, and I fell in love with Paarfi. ;-)

    Stangely though, they only had The Phoenix Guards and Five Hundred Years
After.  And being the dull-witted fellow I am, I never noticed the 'Books By
Steven Brust' list at the beginning of the Phoenix Guards, so it wasn't
until this past year I learned about Vlad.  I found a copy of the first
three Vlad books in omnibus form, picked that up, and now am DESPERATE for
the rest.

    As for the list, I tracked down Steve's website when I was looking for
info on when Viscount would be released, and the rest is history.

Mark Porter
Why?  Why not?