Dragaera

[Poll] What haven't you read?

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Fri Jun 14 15:59:11 PDT 2002

In a message dated Fri, 14 Jun 2002  6:27:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Starshadw at aol.com writes:

[rearranging...]
> And I'm ticked off, because I didn't know about the short
> stories (with the sole exception of DoP) and have no idea
> where to go and find them!  ARGH!!

That's because "Steven Brust, as he'll happily tell you,
does not write short stories." [from Gaiman's intro to V&E].

> Point me in the right direction!

>> An Act of Contrition
>> An Act of Love (with Gregory Frost and Megan Lindholm)
>> An Act of Mercy (with Megan Lindholm)
>> An Act of Trust
>> A Hot Night at Cheeky's

The Liavek stories, found in the five volumes editted by
Shetterly and Bull.  Should be read in order.

>> Attention Shoppers

_Xanadu_ ed. Yolen

>> Calling Pittsburg

_Lord of the Fantastic: Stories in Honor of Roger Zelazny_

>> Drift

_Space Opera_ ed McCaffrey and Scarborough (not to be
confused with the other 6 books with that title).

>> Valosag and Elet

_Book of Dreams_ ed. Gaiman and someone else

>> When the Bough Breaks

_The Essential Bordertown_ ed. umm Windling?

A good place to get info like this is ISFDB ( www.isfdb.org )
I also use Bookfinder ( www.bookfinder.com ) a lot to get
bibliographic info since it covers far more titles, and
not just SF.

--KG