Dragaera

OT: bois (was: Sethra Lavode vs. Enchantress of Dzur Mountain)

Thu Aug 15 05:21:29 PDT 2002

>Unfortunately I'm not sure I can describe it properly... it's like
having a 3-dimensional modelling program in one's head. >It isn't just
working with visual symbols (i.e., a visual language), it's having a
representation of an object, or several >objects within a space, and
being able to manipulate that representation in the same way one might
physically manipulate >the objects themselves. For me, at least, there
is no language involved.

I know exactly what you're talking about, I do it all the time.

I'm going to have to disagree with Steven, Language is NOT how we think,
it's how we communicate.  We think at the subconcious level in the
Pictures, Sounds and Feelings at least that's how memory is organised.
We may CHOOSE at the concious level to verbalise our thoughts, it's good
if we are trying to follow a logic chain. But thinking in pictures is
much faster as in a picture's worth a thousand words.

I do agree that it's an agreed set fo standards among people, at least
for physical objects...It's a little more difficult when we are trying
to discuss honor or duty...That's why trying to discuss God with someone
is just about pointless.  No physical referents.

Regards

Mark

P.S. Kat, the ability you describe is regarded as a prerequisite for
being a good computer programmer...or at least for findig it easy.