Dragaera

A bit of self-promotion...

Thu Aug 15 13:29:05 PDT 2002

On Thursday, August 15, 2002, at 04:17 PM, Nytemuse wrote:

> In case anyone hadn't read it, when _Issola_ was first released last
> year,
> it was reviewed by the magazine that I work for.  So if anyone hasn't
> read
> it, or would like to check out the site in general, the review is at
> http://www.strangehorizons.com/2001/20011008/issola.shtml
>
> Strange Horizons is a free non-profit e-zine that works at promoting
> good
> speculative fiction, usually focusing on the lesser known or less
> popular
> authors (although not always).  Usually the authors who we feel could
> benefit from our help and more publicity.  *g* Or ones that we just feel
> are really good :)  And we got nominated for this year's Hugos, so keep
> your fingers crossed for us!

Shameless self promotion is allowed in small does on this list. Like I'm
about to do: I have a book recently published, The World at the Edge of
Time. You can gander at it's purpleness (and order it) here:

http://homepage.mac.com/zizban

Your review of Issola was interesting and it even managed to encapsulate
some of my feelings toward the book, though you don't seem to decide
whether you like it or not. I liked it, despite it's relatively light
tone with Serious Matters. But that's Vlad, after all.