Dragaera

Avoiding Jordan (Was: Re: POTD question...)

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 22 15:59:36 PST 2003

> >> Note to self:  Stay away from the Wheel of Time.......

I've been told by a number of Jordan-lovers that I simply
must read the WoT series (for a variety of reasons).
I've also heard, on this list and from other sources, that
they aren't that great.  Given all this, I'm still avoiding
WoT until a future date when I've got about a year or so to
read.  Of course, I'm of the type not to listen to the usual
ramble of today's readers.  I also prefer more interesting literary
endeavors.... :)

> OTOH, I just got two friends hooked on Steve's work.  In two weeks,
> they've devoured the first 3 omnibuses, and are heading into the
> Khaavren romances now.

I feel this marks them as people of excellent character.  <grin>

Chris
"So farewell hope, and with hope, farewell fear,
 Farewell remorse!  All good to me is lost;
 Evil, be thou my Good"
	- John Milton - 'Paradise Lost'