Dragaera

Good books generally (was: Literary Disappointments)

Tue Feb 18 11:50:46 PST 2003

Well, one has to start somewhere, and I consider "ifs" to be a good one.
Starting with "one hell of a big if" is what's known in the argument clinic
as a home run. It will be hard to top that tomorrow (with apologies to
Scott Adams).

Communication can be thought of as the putting across of an idea or concept.
Good communication is a successful attempt. The better the communication,
the clearer the concept is received. Since that is the goal of
communication,
then the proper use of the *method* of communication, while important, is
a secondary objective.