Dragaera

Concerning Great Weapons & Baritt (spoilers for POTD)

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Mon Mar 10 12:54:38 PST 2003

On 10 Mar 2003, Jag wrote:

>In fact I seem to recall one point where Vlad was holding a morganti
>blade and could feel that the blade would be just as happy to turn in
>his hand and cut him as it would be to cut Vlad's enemy.

He's said that several times in the books, I think.

My interpretation is that Vlad is simply detecting the Morganti's pull
on all surrounding life-force (souls), which of course includes that
of the one holding the Morganti blade.  He's just anthropomorphizing
the cause of that peculiar and deeply unpleasant sensation.