Dragaera

Concerning Great Weapons & Baritt (spoilers for POTD)

Tue Mar 11 07:16:30 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 09:33, Steve Simmons wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 07:58:54PM -0500, Alexx S Kay wrote:
>
> > It seems to me that SKZB has been broadly hinting, since at least Dragon,
> > that souls are, in fact, indestructible . . .
>
> Alexx goes on to make an interesting but complex case about Morganti
> weapons.  I think there's a simpler one to be made that closes off
> other loose ends.
>
> The biggest loose end: since Dragaera is clearly an ancient human
> colony, why don't off-world souls get reincarnated into Dragaeran
> bodies?
>
> Answer: Dragaeran reincarnation is a local effect of the gods.  The
> souls of those who die outside the scope of the gods go elsewhere.
> Morganti weapons interfere with the Gods capturing and recycling
> the souls, thereby making the body unrevivifiable.

Interesting.. however, MW's were comissioned to cause the Serioli to stop
fighting.  This must mean that it works on Serioli souls as well.
However, only dragaerans are allowed in the PotD, not Serioli or
Easterners.  I would then think that that means the Gods are only
responsible for the reincarnation of souls that died as Dragaerans.
This means that there has to be something else at work for the Serioli,
those who created these weapons, to be afraid of them.

On another note.. what will happen to Vlad/Doliver's soul when he dies
again.  I assume he's been going back to the Paths all this time, but
now that he's an Easterner will this be his last life, or will he be
reincarnated through another means?

And along those same lines, what exactly is it about taking the trip
over the Falls that makes it seem like you'd want to do it.  We know
that the soul only hangs around the body for three days (because after
that revevification is useless), and we know from PotD that it can take
months to get to the Paths, so what is served by bringing the body to
the Paths?  Also, did anyone else notice that almost no one else was
going to the Paths to drop off bodys?  Even with such long lifespans,
I'd imagine they'd see someone else headed towards the Paths during
their journey, or at least someone headed back.